Hollywood has hit the Hub. Here is what is filming in Boston.
Shooting in 2008
Ashecliffe: Based on the book Shutter Island by local author Dennis Lehane (Mystic River and Gone Baby Gone), Ashecliffe follows the story of two United States Marshals who investigate a mental patient’s disappearance on a Boston area island. They uncover that nothing is quite what it seems on this mysterious island.
– Starring: Directed by Martin Scorcese: Mark Ruffalo, Sir Ben Kingsley and Leonardo DiCaprio
– Filming: East Boston, Taunton, Medfield, Nahant Beach, Hyde Park and Boston Harbor Islands (Peddocks Island), North End
– Status: Filming completed (March-July 08); for release in 2009
Bride Wars: Best friends become rivals when they schedule their respective weddings on the same day.
– Starring: Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway
– Filming: South Station, Public Gardens, Suite nightclub and Back Bay
– Status: In Post Production as of July 2008; for release in 2009
Edge of Darkness: A police officer investigates the death of his activist daughter.
-Starring: Mel Gibson
-Filming: South Boston
-Status: Filming as of 09/09/08
The Fallen: A true-life story of a Boston Fire Fighter whose life is turned upside down after a devastating injury leaves him with a severe drug addiction.
– Starring: TBD
– Filming: TBD
– Status: Filming soon
Ghosts of Girlfriend’s Past: The romantic comedy is about a bachelor who attends his younger brother’s wedding and is haunted by the ghosts of his past girlfriends.
– Starring: Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner
– Filming: South Street, Wellesley, Ipswitch, Chelsea, and Hingham
– Status: Post production as of July 2008; for release in 2009
– Tidbit: Ben Affleck was originally slated to play in McConaughey’s role